This morning we welcome a new design team member Trudie Howard, you may have already seen some of her fantastic work doing the rounds on Facebook. Trudie has made this fantastic clock using papers and accessories from the Santoro Kori Kumi Range. We just LOVE it! Be sure to leave a few comments below letting Trudie know what you thought of her first project for our team.
- 20cm x 20cm canvas - you could up-cycle like I have.
- clock mechanism
- Kori Kumi Collection 8x8 Paper Pack SKKPPAK002
- Kori Kumi Collection Doilies SKKPDOL001
- Kori Kumi Collection Raffia String SKKRAFS001
- Kori Kumi Collection Bunting SKKBUNT001
- Kori Kumi Collection Laser Cut Wood Shapes - Characters SKKWDNS002
- Foundation Card Milk 40109
- White Gesso
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue CSGLUE
- Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Decadent Grape CSPMCCGRAPE
- Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson Stitched Noble Square Dies Set A CED5509
- Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson Stitched Noble Square Dies Set B CED5510
- Smoothies CESMOOTH
If you are up-cycling a canvas, Gesso the sides to cover any existing picture. Don’t worry about the front as this will be covered by the paper.
Cut grey board to fit onto the back of the canvas and glue into place.
Mark the centre of the canvas by drawing diagonal lines from corner to corner. Make suitable sized hole for the clock mechanism.
Use a 20cm x 20cm piece of milk foundation card as your decorative base. Using the Sue Wilson dies or cut by hand an 18.5cm x 18.5cm square on lilac coloured paper for back panel. Use the Milk Foundation Card to cut another square 13cm x 13cm. Make a 12.5cm x 12.5cm square using the Blowing Kisses paper making sure that the image is in the centre of the square.
Colour the edges of the foundation card and the canvas using the Decadent Grape Colour Cloud and the Smoothie.
Stick all the layers in place in the order that you made them and stick the topper to the base canvas.
From the reverse and using the hole that you previously made in the base board, carefully cut through to the front with a craft knife. Take your time with this. Attach the clock mechanism as per the instructions.
Add a length of the pink raffia across the bottom of the canvas with a small raffia bow.
Colour some wooden hearts and a character of your choice with pencil crayons and stick on to the front.
Trim two bunting pennants and stick in place along with 6 small adhesive dots.
Other places to find Trudie: