Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

CEDT - Meet Tracy Evans

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

NameTracy Evans


Tracy Evans is another member of our DT who is staying with us for another year of crafting shenanigans - and we are delighted to have her back!

For those of you who haven't met Tracy before, here is a bit of information about her and her passion for crafting:-

Introduce yourself briefly... My name is Tracy Evans: wife, mother, friend, gardeners and dabbler in many things crafty! Impatient, impulsive, with an addictive personality and probably a little obsessive about the little details. 

How did you get into crafting? I began approximately thirteen years ago when I was a stay at home mum with my son Ryan, then three years old. I needed a creative outlet, something for me and on a whim I attended a stamping workshop; and the rest as they say is history.

Before having my children I had a very busy career and I was itching to get my teeth into something new. Stamping took hold and I became so passionate that my hobby became my business, running a craft shop for nine years. I closed the door around three years ago to spend more time with my children and on my passions. 

How would you describe your style?
I am rather an eclectic crafter, leaning more towards the grungy, collage style. I am all about the little details... They complete a creative piece for me and make my creations unique, something I strive to maintain for as long as I craft.

Where do you draw inspiration from? Inspiration is everywhere! My garden often inspires my colour choices; plant combinations and colours inspire me with every passing season. I also find inspiration in home decor and fashion magazines, which highlight current trends in colours, patterns and styles that we can use in creative pieces.

What's your favourite technique right now?  At the moment it's the Tim Holtz Riveted Patchwork technique, from his Compendium of Curiosities II book. This technique really appeals as it co-ordinates with the steampunk/industrial makes I love to create. I also love to work on pieces for men, I find it a challenge and love to think outside the box when it comes to artwork that appeals to men.

What's your favourite colour? Oh no just one favourite colour? This is difficult! My favourites change by the day, but if I had to pick one it would be brown as it work so well with my grungy, vintage style.

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? I am one of those crafters who cannot snack whilst creating, purely because I am a little obsessive about keeping my work area clean and tidy! I would have chocolate finger prints all over my work if I snacked. 

I have learned from experience, on many occasions I've taken a cup of tea to my craft room only to place a paintbrush into it! Not a good idea and doesn't add anything to the flavour!

What do you do when you are not crafting? If I'm not crafting (which doesn't happen often!) you'll find me digging in the garden or on my allotment. I love my garden, there's nothing more satisfying than watching your garden grow. You can also find me at the gym. I love to keep active and exercise always helps my creative thought process!

Tell us a random fact about yourself... I was once a Personal Assistant to the CEO of a FTSE 100 company.

What craft tool couldn't you live without? Only ONE? You have got to be kidding! After much thought I think it would be my Fiskars Paper Trimmer as I could not cut a straight line with a pair of scissors if my life depended on it! I could add another hundred products to this list though!

If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you would save from your craft room? As long as my family and little dog were safe, I would have to save all my rubber stamps...well that is one product there's just lots of them haha!
  
You can see more gorgeous cards and mixed media makes from Tracy on her blog here, including all her Creative Expressions DT pieces. 






2 comments:

  1. So pleased to continue to work alongside you, your creations never fail to inspire! Trace x

    ReplyDelete